Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Music

Those who have been with me since Closer, Cold Desert know that music plays a big part in my writing process. Whether it's a song for a particular scene or what I'm listening to as I'm writing, music's big with me. So, I thought I'd share some of the music I have around me while writing TWIO.

"Let Me Down" by Kelly Clarkson: When I was deciding whether I should go with TWIO as the fic's title, I contemplated going with this KC song. After I really thought about the lyrics, though, I realized it would've been more appropriate to use if Edward was making promises to Angela that she later realized he had no intention of keeping. Even still, it's a great song to write to. Since I'm more of a fluff writer, this helps with the angst.

"Cave In" by Kree Woods: This song/title was so close to becoming the title and tone of TWIO. The lyrics are near perfect to what Angela goes through in the story. Lines like "Maybe I can figure out a way to fix this," "I need you to acknowledge/That there was at least a glimpse of right in our wrongness," "Sure, she is stable with her stone foundation/Secure in herself/Such an easy decision," and "Collecting broken things was always your weakness" really embody Angela's emotions.

"Can't Let Go" by Mariah Carey: Please. Did you really think I was gonna talk about a music playlist and not have Mariah in there? Pffft. Now... "Can't Let Go" is one of my all time favorite Diva songs, though it ended up being her first single to not hit #1 (it hit #2). The lyrics and vulnerability of of the song are what I think the more vulnerable part of Angela feels like. She's heartbroken, confused, and doesn't know what to do about it. Diva has a song for every emotion and situation, and she can do no wrong, because she is perfect, and I will fight you if you say different. O_O

"All I Wanted" by Paramore: The world knows that I have a serious love for Paramore, especially Hayley's voice. The reason I love this song so much is more than just the belt towards the end of the song. It's the fact that it somehow manages to encompass being vulnerable and frustrated at the same time. And the chorus of "All I wanted was you" is what Angela keeps going back to when she thinks about why she's doing what she is.

"Anybody's Heart" by Katharine McPhee: Katharin McPhee is one of the most underrated singers. Ever. So, it doesn't really surprise me when people have no idea who I'm raving about. The reason I listen to and love this song in regards to TWIO is because I think people are forgetting that Angela is acting out of what she feels for Edward. She loves him. She wants to be with him and somehow manage to keep Bella from getting hurt. She's heartbroken over her situation with Edward - the fact that she can't have him in the way she really wants - and in her situation with Bella - she's hurting her best friend because of her situation with Edward. I know it's easy to hate Angela, but the heart can make you do things that go against your better judgment. Most people think with their heart, not their head. Angela's no different.

That's enough of my rambling for now. As the story continues and starts to wind down, I'll have more songs to post.

Thank you for sticking by me and wanting to fillet Angela and wishing Edward's balls would fall off and hoping that Bella's not being naive. :)


Con Amor Siempre,
Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment